We are not lone rangers. There was a time I felt and thought that I didn’t need people. I thought that I was pretty much enough for myself. I thought that I didn’t need anyone’s help and no one better need my help! I felt that in order to solve my issues I needed to think deeply about them and I would then figure them out.
Little did I know, I needed people more than I think. Our thoughts and plans crystallise when we bounce them off each other. Our fears are subdued when we expose them. We are helped in carrying our burdens when we share them — speak them out.
We need the people around us and they need us. We need to make ourselves available to them. We need to reach out to others and make time for them.
All of life is an outlet for relationship.
This is an encouragement to do life with people. Even when you don’t feel like doing so. I believe this is top on the list of Satan’s lies. He whispers, “Don’t tell anyone what is going on. You will figure it out on your own. You got this.” The truth is, we never have it all together and the Bible reminds us. As a community of believers, we need each other. We are called to exercise the “one anothers”. Some of which are :-
- Confess sin, and pray for one another. James 5:16 “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.”
- Encourage and build up one another. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing”
- Stimulate one another to love and good deeds. Hebrews 10:24–25, “And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”
- Bear with one another’s burdens. Galatians 6:2, “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
- Don’t judge one another and don’t put a stumbling block in a brother’s way. Romans 14:13, “Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.”
Pray and look for people around you with whom you can share life with. This is God’s design for life.